Kyrgyzstan joins "Digital Nomad" initiative
Please be informed that the Cabinet of Ministers of Kyrgyzstan Republic has adopted the new policy «On approval of the Temporary Regulations on the assignment of the “Digital Nomad” status to foreign citizens and stateless persons».
The new Digital Nomad status will be available to citizens of EAEU countries, Azerbaijan and Moldova who work in IT (programming, development, 3D-design and media art, etc) and to their dependants (spouses, children before 18).
Temporary regulations will be valid until December 31, 2023.
What are the changes?
Ditital Nomad status is to be confirmed by digital document, which would provide the right to reside and work in the territory of Kyrgyzstan. Holders of such status will be eligible for the following rights:
- right to reside in Kyrgyzstan up to 1 year without a visa;
- exemption from migration registration at the place of stay;
- right to work without work permit;
- automatic issuance of Personal ID number (PIN);
- right to open and use bank accounts in Kyrgyzstan without having a migration registration at the address of stay
Status can be issued via state website portal.tunduk.kg with further applying to migration authorities. Processing time – 3 business days.
There are no state fees/charges for issuing Digital Nomad status.
Who is affected?
Citizens of Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Moldova and Russia working in IT (and their dependants).