The decree of the President of Russia No. 791 dated 15.12.2020 provides for extension of the period during which the terms of stay of foreign citizens and validity terms for some of their migration documents are suspended.
The text of the Decree can be accessed at the following link (in Russian)
What are the changes?
From March 15, 2020 until June 15, 2021 inclusive, the following terms expiring in this period are suspended:
- Terms of allowed stay in Russia
- Validity terms of migration registration
- Validity terms of the following documents:
- Terms for voluntary departure for foreign citizens in respect of whom a decision of expulsion/deportation/unwanted stay was made.
In addition, during this period the authorities do not make decisions on cancellation of work permits, visas, temporary and permanent residence permits issued for foreign nationals.
Effective March 16, 2021 the abovementioned rules will cease to apply to citizens and permanent residents of countries from the exemption list which have resumed transport communication with Russia.
In case Russia resumes transport communication with more countries in the future, the above-mentioned rules will cease to apply to citizens and residents of such countries after 90 days from the day when the transport communication was resumed.
The Decree extends the following measures until June 15, 2021 inclusive:
- Visa-free nationals from EAEU countries may apply for work patent regardless of the declared purpose of entry or the existing deadline for submitting the application
- Employers who have a corporate employment permit may apply for individual work permits for the relevant employees regardless of their purpose of entry.
By March 16, 2021 the citizens and permanent residents of counties, which have resumed regular flights with Russia, must timely extend the terms of stay and validity terms of documents, which have expired during the “amnesty” period, otherwise they must leave Russia.
Citizens and permanent residents of such countries who hold valid work permits in Russia and stay outside Russia longer than 6 months must return to Russia by June 16, 2021 in order to avoid cancellation of work permits.
Also, we would like to remind you that the “migration amnesty” does not cancel the obligation to submit migration notifications as well as obligation to perform migration registration upon entry to Russia or change of the place of stay or change of information submitted during the migration registration process.Back to list