Unified E-visa for nationals of 52 countries to be implemented in January 2021
We would like to remind that the unified e-visa for nationals of 52 countries will be introduced in Russia effective 1 January 2021.
Which law introduces the changes?
• Federal law No. 305-FZ of 31.07.2020
• Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of 07.11.2020 N 1793
• Order of the Government of the Russian Federation of 06.10.2020 N 2571-p
• Order of the Government of the Russian Federation of 23.10.2020 N 2741-p
What are the changes?
The following are the key features of the unified e-visa:
- Visa will be valid for the whole territory of Russia;
- Visa will be valid for 60 days and will allow single entry and stay for up to 16 days;
- Entry is possible for business, guest, tourism purposes as well as for participation in scientific, cultural, social-political, economic, sporting events;
- Entry and exit will possible only via border checkpoints included in the list approved by the Russian government (includes, among others, airports of Moscow and other major Russian cities).
The application process is as follows:
- Visa application is to be submitted online (via MFA of Russia website or via a mobile app) no later than 4 calendar days prior to the date of entry;
- Invitation from a host party or booking of a hotel are not required;
- Consular fee will be USD 40, for children under 6 years old – free of charge;
- In case of denial or cancellation of visa the authorities are not obliged to explain the reason.
E-visas will be available to nationals of the following 52 countries included in the list approved by the Russian government:
Nationals of the above listed countries visiting Russia for short-term purposes.
NB! Please note that until the temporary restrictions on entry to Russia due to the pandemic are lifted, the issue of unified e-visas and entry to Russia with such visas will be restricted as well.
Back to list