NEW FORMS OF APPLICATION FOR INVITATION LETTERS TO TAKE EFFECT
The Ministry of Internal Affairs or Russia has approved new Regulations of providing the public service of processing and issuing letters of invitation (LOI) for entry to Russia.
The changes will take effect on 13 December 2020.
Which law introduces the changes?
- Order of the MIA of Russia dated 29.09.2020 No. 677
What are the key changes?
1. New LOI application forms are introduced for use by legal entities and individuals. Key changes are as follows:
- The application form is printed out on 2 sheets (using duplex printing), the requested information is filled in a table
- The application form is signed by the inviting party twice (on both sheets)
2. Strict forms of guarantee letters are introduced for use by legal entities and individuals. Previously the regulations included only recommended drafts of guarantee letters.
3. The form of an application for correction of mistakes or misprints is also renewed.
Who is affected by the changes?
Companies or individuals who sponsor Russian visa invitations for foreign nationals.
Back to list