From August 1 additional changes clarifying the procedure for entering the Russian Federation for foreign and Russian citizens came into force. These changes include the requirements for testing for coronavirus infection.
Which law introduces the changes?
The decree of Chief sanitary officer of Russia dated July 27, 2020 N 22
What are the changes?
1. Option for Covid-19 testing after arriving in Russia is no longer available.
When boarding the plane and when crossing Russian border the foreign citizen must present negative test results for the Covid-19 test (done by PCR method). Such test needs to be done no later than 3 calendar days before arriving in Russia.
2. If it is impossible to present test results in English or Russian language, it can be issued in the official language of the country where the medical institution is registered. In this case the translation must be certified by a Russian consular officer.
3. Before crossing the borders foreign citizens will be obliged to fill-in the questionnaire for arrivals. Questionnaire example is available on the official website of Rospotrebnadzor.
NB! Please keep in mind additional requirements for foreign workers:
- Foreign citizens entering Russia for labour (work) purpose must undergo obligatory 14-days quarantine, regardless of whatever test results they have on their hands
- Employers must verify that their foreign employees have negative test results for Covid-19, with test itself passed no later than 3 calendar days before their arrival in Russia.
RUSSIAN CITIZENS ARRIVING VIA AIR FLIGHTS:
1. Russian citizens must register as arrivals on the official State Services website (before flight check-in), and also fill-in the paper application (before crossing the border).
2. Within 3 days after arrival Russian citizens must pass the test for Covid-19 (done by PCR method). After passing the test they must register the results on the State Services website.
Who is affected?
All foreign citizens, their employers, and citizens of Russia.Back to list