Please be informed that, starting November 1, 2020, the Republic of Belarus has closed land borders for the entry of foreign citizens. This restriction came into force in accordance with the Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus No. 624 dated October 30, 2020.
The duration of this restriction has not been established.
What are the changes?
The crossing of the state border to enter the Republic of Belarus at road checkpoints, simplified checkpoints, checkpoints at railway stations, as well as checkpoints in river ports across the State border of the Republic of Belarus has been temporarily suspended.
The restriction on crossing the border at the above checkpoints does not apply to the following categories of foreign citizens:
- foreign citizens traveling under diplomatic and service passports;
- heads and members of official delegations;
- foreigners providing international gratuitous aid to the Republic of Belarus;
- drivers of vehicles doing international deliveries, as well as transporting international postal items;
- crew members of inland water transport vessels, train crews, locomotive crews of international railway traffic;
- foreigners who are spouses, parents or children of citizens of the Republic of Belarus;
- foreigners entitled to permanent or temporary residence in the territory of the Republic of Belarus;
- foreigners who have a work permit or supporting documents for employment in the territory of the Republic of Belarus;
- foreigners traveling to the Republic of Belarus upon notification of a serious illness or death of a close relative;
- foreigners transporting stem cells, organs for transplantation;
- citizens of the Russian Federation traveling in transit through the territory of the Republic of Belarus to the Russian Federation;
- foreigners traveling in transit through the territory of the Republic of Belarus in accordance with the Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Belarus and the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine on a simplified procedure for the passage of the Slavutich - Chernobyl NPP road section, vehicles and cargo of the Chernobyl NPP and enterprises that operate in the exclusion zone, and also by foreign specialists involved in the implementation of international projects for the closure of the Chernobyl NPP.
NB! There are no restrictions for foreign citizens arriving to Belarus via flight through the national airport of Minsk.
Who is affected?
Foreign citizens planning to enter Belarus through land borders.Back to list