Dear Clients and Partners!
We would like to inform you of changes to the registration procedure for Russian and foreign citizens in Moscow and some other cities for the duration of 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup and 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Which document is the source of changes?
The decree of the President of the Russian Federation No. 202 of 09.05.2017 «On specifics of reinforced security measures for the duration of 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup and 2018 FIFA World Cup taking place in the Russian Federation».
What does the decree say?
- For the duration of reinforced security measures migration registration and residence registration of foreign citizens is to be performed on the next day following the day of their arrival to the place of staying or residence by submitting required documents to the relevant local migration authority.
- Citizens of Russia arriving to temporarily stay as well as temporarily or permanently reside in living premises (excluding hotels, resorts, etc.) must apply to the local migration authority for registration not later than 3 business days from the day of arrival. Registration is to be issued by migration authorities on the day of application.
- Russian citizens notify local migration authorities of duration and place of staying in person.
- Aforementioned rules are not applicable to Russian and foreign citizens participating in FIFA Confederations Cup as well as representatives of FIFA, FIFA subsidiaries, confederations and national soccer organizations.
When and were the temporary registration rules will be effective?
- 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup
o from June 01, 2017 till July 12, 2017
o in the territory of Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Kazan, Sochi.
- 2018 FIFA World Cup
o from May 25, 2018 till July 25, 2018
o in the territory of Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Kazan, Sochi, Yekaterinburg, Volgograd, Nizhny Novgorod, Kaliningrad, Rostov-na-Donu, Saransk and Samara.
Who is affected?
- Foreign and Russian citizens arriving from abroad or from other Russian regions into aforementioned cities while reinforced security measures are active.
As of now, the migration authorities which are to control the compliance with the stated requirements do not comment on the text of the decree or its practical application. Relevant inquiries have been submitted to the Ministry of internal affairs. Upon receiving comments we will share them with you.
Intermark recommends all Russian and foreign citizens arriving during the time of reinforced security measures to timely register on the Decree’s terms – regardless of usual registration-free terms for various categories of citizens.
We would like to remind that violation of registration rules leads to administrative penalties for citizens and for host parties.
In particular, the fine for a host party that fails to meet the requirements of migration registration amounts to the following:
o 2000 – 4000 rubles (for individuals)
o 40 000 – 50 000 rubles (for officials)
o 400 000 – 500 000 rubles (for legal entities)
The penalty for foreign citizens amounts to 2000 – 7000 rubles with possible expulsion from Russia
INTERMARK IMMIGRATION TEAM
Tel.: +7 495 502 95 53