Please be informed that the law on new requirements for inviting companies comes into force on 16 January 2019.
Which law introduces the changes?
- Federal law of 19.07.2018 N 215-FZ (comes into force on 16.01.2019)
- Federal law of 19.07.2018 N 216-FZ (comes into force on 16.01.2019)
What are the changes?
1. The law obliges legal entities and persons who invite foreign nationals, to undertake measures to ensure that the invited nationals comply with the declared purpose of entry and timely exit Russia. The Government of Russia must establish the list of such measures and the rules of undertaking them.
NB! As of today, the relevant list and rules are not yet established.
2. The administrative fine for failure to undertake the established measures is introduced in the following amount:
· individuals – RUB 2,000 – 4,000
· company officials –RUB 45,000 – 50,000
· legal entities – RUB 400,000 – 500,000
Who is affected?
Companies, which invite foreign nationals from visa-required countries (this includes visits on work and business visas).
The MIA of Russia has drafted the list of measures but the Ministry of Economic Development gave a negative judgement on it in November 2019. The revision of the drafted list and its adoption may take
We will inform you of the adoption of the relevant government resolution accordingly.
INTERMARK IMMIGRATION TEAM
Tel.: +7 495 502 95 53