Please be informed of the changes to the rules of obtaining visas and invitations as well as rules of entry to Kazakhstan for those foreign nationals who arrive on a visa.
Which law introduces the changes?
- Joint Order of the Minister of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 231 dated March 30,
- Decree of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 814 dated December 6, 2017 (effective from July 1, 2018)
- Order of the Minister of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 560 dated August 16, 2017 (effective from July 1, 2018)
What are the changes?
Visas and invitations to Kazakhstan
1. Invitation application should be submitted to the MIA no later than 5 business days ahead of the planned date of arrival in Kazakhstan.
2. For a foreign national to submit a visa application in a country other than the country of citizenship it is sufficient to stay in this country on a long-term business, investor or work visa.
3. Applications for visa renewal can be submitted 30 business days ahead of the visa expiry date.
4. Invitation application form for companies has been changed. Now it includes the address of foreign national’s residence in Kazakhstan.
Entry to Kazakhstan on a visa
1. Migration cards are no longer issued to foreign nationals who enter Kazakhstan on a visa, visas B1, B2, B3, C3 included.
2. Foreign nationals who arrive on a visa are registered at the border
NB! Host parties are obliged to report visa nationals’ arrival to the place of stay as well as changes of the place of stay in Kazakhstan within 3 business days.
Who is affected?Companies inviting and hosting foreign nationals who arrive in Kazakhstan on a visa.Back to list