Immigration News. Belarus: visa-free entry extended to 30 days
Please be informed of the changes to the rules of visa-free entry to Belarus via the border checkpoint at the Minsk National Airport. The changes took effect on July 27, 2018.
Which law introduces the changes?
- Decree of the President of the Republic of Belarus No. 295 of 24 July 2018
What are the changes?
1. The allowed duration of visa-free stay in Belarus has been extended from 5 to 30 days.
2. Six states and territories with special status have been excluded from the list of countries whose nationals are eligible for visa-free entry:
Argentina* | Honduras | Macao* | Brazil* | Hong Kong* | Order of Malta
* Other visa-free regime of entry to Belarus applies as established by bilateral agreements.
The up-to-date list of 74 eligible countries can be accessed at the official website
of the MFA of Belarus.
- Same as before, visa-free entry does not apply to those who arrive in Minsk by direct flights from Russia or intend to take a direct flight from Minsk to Russia.
- Foreign nationals must register their place of stay within 5 days from arrival, excluding Sundays, public holidays and officially declared non-working festive days. Registration also applies in case the place of stay changes within the territory of Belarus.
- Foreign nationals who are not holders of residence permits are allowed to stay in Belarus no more than 90 days out of a calendar year.
Visa-free entry for nationals of certain countries was introduced in February 2017 and applies only to those who enter and exit Belarus via the border checkpoint at the Minsk National Airport.
A travel passport, health insurance policy and sufficient money for the period of the trip are required for visa-free entry. Additional requirements exist for nationals of India, China, Vietnam, Haiti, Gambia, Lebanon, Namibia and Samoa.
Violation of the rules of visa-free entry may lead to a ban on re-entry to Belarus which in its turn is ground for a ban on entry to Russia.
INTERMARK IMMIGRATION TEAM
Tel.: +7 495 502 95 53
Back to list