We would like to share the up-to-date information on the procedure of obtaining HQS work authorization documents from the Moscow migration office by members of business associations.
What are the details?
On 15 May senior officials from the Moscow migration office attended a meeting with representatives of the business associations and conveyed the following details.
1. The “one window” rule will be introduced for member-companies:
- Applications for HQS work permits and letters of invitation (LOIs) can be submitted at one place – the Migration Centre located in Sakharovo
- Issued work permits and LOIs can be collected at 42 Pokrovka Street, central Moscow. Accordingly, HQS employees will not need to travel to the remotely located Sakharovo
It is expected that the “one window” rule will extend only to top managers and key personnel, though MIA officials did not specify exact criteria of belonging to these categories. Work permit and LOI applications for other HQS employees will be accepted on common basis.
2. The migration office does not plan to allocate a special reception window for representatives of the associations but may consider arranging a separate queue for them.
3. Associations will need to submit lists of member companies with indication of their tax IDs. In their turn, migration officials promised to provide associations with all details of the procedure including lists of required documents.
4. Due to technical reasons the Moscow migration office can file applications for renewal of work permits which were issued by the Head Migration Office only as initial ones. This means that the employers will need to pay a state fee established for initial applications.
Who is affected?
Companies which are members of the Association of European Business, the American Chamber of Commerce in Russia, the Russo-German and Franco-Russian chambers of commerce.
Effective 5 April, the Head migration office located at 4 Boyarsky Lane has ceased to accept work permit and LOI applications from members of business associations based on the decision of the Deputy Minister of internal Affairs. Only WP correction applications and quarterly salary notifications are accepted. The member companies must now submit initial and renewal applications to the regional migration offices in the city of Moscow and Moscow region.
The MIA officials made it clear that the Head migration office will not resume provision of relevant public services. Instead, members of the associations may receive preferences when they apply to the Moscow immigration office.
As soon as the new procedure is put into practice we will inform you accordingly.
INTERMARK IMMIGRATION TEAM
Tel.: +7 495 502 95 53